Knowledge Bowl is a series of interdisciplinary academic competitions designed for students in grades 7-12. During the competition, teams of students compete in written and oral rounds by answering questions related to all areas of learning typical of secondary educational programs. Questions test students' recall, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Senior High Knowledge Bowl - Students from grades 9-12 participate in Senior High Knowledge Bowl. Teams consisting of five members work cooperatively developing teamwork and joint decision making as students acquire knowledge and critical thinking skills in many areas.
- 2022 has 75 teams participating in weekly competitions, working their way to the Regional meet in hopes to move on to the State Knowledge Bowl competition at Cragun’s in Brainerd.
- Junior High Knowledge Bowl - Students from grades 7-9 participate in Junior High Knowledge Bowl. Teams consisting of five members participate in Knowledge Bowl introducing them to the challenge of interdisciplinary academic competitions. These meets take place at individual schools who volunteer to host the meets.
- 2022 has 41 teams participating
2021 - 2022 Important Dates
- 2022 Sub-regional Competitions - February 22, 2022 in Crookston and February 23 in Thief River Falls
- 2022 Regional Knowledge Bowl Competition - March 9, 2022, in Thief River Falls
- 2022 Knowledge Bowl State Competition - April 7 & 8, 2022 @ Craguns, Brainerd
2019-2020 Handbook & Posters
Click to download.