Health InsuranceNorthwest Service Cooperative provides a group health purchasing coalition of local governmental entities including schools, cities, counties and other governmental agencies (hereinafter referred to as pool members). As the fiscal host of self-funded group health pools, Northwest Service Cooperative provides members with health insurance information and specific strategies aimed at minimizing and/or controlling rising health care expenses. Some of the strategies include:
Care Support Program
- Assumption of Risk
- Care Support/Disease Management
- New Alternative Health Benefit Designs
- Purchasing Coalition
- Risk Management and Pooling Excess Claims
- Provider Network
- Joint Request for Proposals
- Health Care Utilization Reports
- Consumer Information
- Joint Purchasing Supplemental Benefits
- Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association (VEBA) Trusts
- Advisory Council
- Financial Management
- Informational Workshops
A new Care Support Program sponsored by the Northwest Service Cooperative is now available. The Care Support Program is a voluntary program offered by the Northwest Service Cooperative Pool and Blue Cross Blue Shield. Care Support is designed to help people with chronic conditions learn more about their health and how to manage it.
Your Care Support team will work confidentially with you and your doctor to make sure you are receiving all the services that you may need. People say their healthiest when they actively manage their health care including their annual exams, following their physicians orders and taking their medications as prescribed.
You will receive:
- A welcome packet and workbook to keep track of medications, tests, reports and action plans.
- A welcome call from one of over 120 skilled health care professionals. They call to introduce nurses and dietitians. The team will check in from time to time to see how you are doing.
- Informational mailings when it's time for tests and exams. You will also receive quarterly newsletter with helpful hints on your condition.
If you need more information or have any questions feel free to call 1-888-264-0083.
Self-Help Wellness Sites for NWSC Insurance Pool Members
http://blueprint.bluecrossmn.com/- Log into this Web site for the herb/drug databases; "ask the doctor"; get information on specific conditions and/or diseases; design a weekly newsletter specific to your needs, etc.
http://www.bluecrossmn.com/mnservcoop- The new Web Self Service where members can confidentially get information on their clinic visits; view EOB; change membership information; discuss issues with customer service reps and have documentation of conversation, etc. Options are unlimited with both Web sites.
Contact Bruce Jensen at 218-681-0900 ext. 108 for more information.