H & S Management Assistance Services
The Health & Safety (H&S) Management Assistance program provides consultation and coordination of services related to the management of environmental health and safety concerns for school districts. These services may include:
- Assist schools in identifying and prioritizing health and safety programs.
- Annual on-site school district visits that include mock-OSHA inspections and review of safety programs to ensure compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations
- Work with the MN Dept of Education and other Service Cooperatives in the development of future health & safety workshops, meetings, trainings, etc.
- District liaison with the MN Dept of Education for questions/concerns related to Long-Term Facilities Maintenance (LTFM) funding
- MN Dept of Education contact person for more information on district LTFM/H&S projects and interpretation of fundability approvals
- Personalized service in summarizing communications informing schools of timelines when LTFM reports and other plans need to be submitted to the MDE and review of those plans
- Assistance in determining allowable vs non-allowable LTFM/H&S projects and expenditures
- Assistance in coding LTFM/H&S projects
- Local availability and expertise in assisting with OSHA and LTFM/H&S questions and concerns